Announcement

Collapse

Information Needed

See more
See less

Character Limit Issue! Please Help!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Character Limit Issue! Please Help!

    We are getting this error when we try to extend options for a custom field:

    Update failed. First exception on row 0 with id a0Od000000F0NQBEA3; first error: STRING_TOO_LONG, Field Values: data value too large: Prime Produce; ASH; AIF NYYP; AAFE; BRAC USA; ELiTE; Free Poster Program; Groundup Global; Henry Review; Lucha Librarian; Network Positive; Praxis I.G.; PreProBono; ProCreativity; Prosody; Project by Project; SAFE.; She&#39;s the First; Shenanigans for Charity; SouperKitchen; Tagai; TAP NY; TrickleUp YP; (max length=255): [CnP_PaaS_EVT__Field_values__c]Error is in expression '{!save}' in component <apexage> in page cnp_paas_evt:createcustomfields

    An unexpected error has occurred. Your solution provider has been notified. (CnP_PaaS_EVT)

    Clearly, it's saying there's a 255 character limit, but we had this fixed already in the latest update. Can someone help us figure out what went wrong?

    Also, we are getting the following error after registration payment:

    Authorization Required

    You must first log in or register before accessing this page.
    If you have forgotten your password, click Forgot Password to reset it.

  • #2
    Good day!

    The issue with authorization required has to do with the post installation that is not followed correctly.

    You have a page that you have not given proper permission to.

    Please follow the procedure: http://manual.clickandpledge.com/Sal...tallation.html

    Also follow the layout changes- it is important that you follow the steps closely. A slight difference will create authorization in a page.

    As for the error I have to review it and get back to you.
    Regards,
    Click & Pledge Support Department

    On Salesforce? Help us by rating our app: Click & Pledge Donor Management on AppExchange

    Join us @ the educational webinars: https://clickandpledge.com/webinars/
    Live Support available Join between 3:00 - 3:30 p.m. ET Monday - Thursday: https://clickandpledge.com/webinars/
    Are you on Salesforce? Join us at the Power of Us Hub: https://powerofus.force.com/0F980000000CjpC

    Comment


    • #3
      Ok, the authorization issue has been fixed; thanks!

      The "Thankyou" element had somehow become uninstalled.

      Is there any update on the character limit issue? Brady had graciously helped me install the latest version which had fixed the character limitation on custom fields, but it has either reverted somehow or it didn't take.



      Originally posted by Support.Department View Post
      Good day!

      The issue with authorization required has to do with the post installation that is not followed correctly.

      You have a page that you have not given proper permission to.

      Please follow the procedure: http://manual.clickandpledge.com/Sal...tallation.html

      Also follow the layout changes- it is important that you follow the steps closely. A slight difference will create authorization in a page.

      As for the error I have to review it and get back to you.

      Comment


      • #4
        Good day!

        I need to research the character limit and will get back to you.
        Regards,
        Click & Pledge Support Department

        On Salesforce? Help us by rating our app: Click & Pledge Donor Management on AppExchange

        Join us @ the educational webinars: https://clickandpledge.com/webinars/
        Live Support available Join between 3:00 - 3:30 p.m. ET Monday - Thursday: https://clickandpledge.com/webinars/
        Are you on Salesforce? Join us at the Power of Us Hub: https://powerofus.force.com/0F980000000CjpC

        Comment


        • #5
          Good day!

          What do you mean by "Thank You" element had somehow become uninstalled?

          "Thank you" element? what is that?
          Regards,
          Click & Pledge Support Department

          On Salesforce? Help us by rating our app: Click & Pledge Donor Management on AppExchange

          Join us @ the educational webinars: https://clickandpledge.com/webinars/
          Live Support available Join between 3:00 - 3:30 p.m. ET Monday - Thursday: https://clickandpledge.com/webinars/
          Are you on Salesforce? Join us at the Power of Us Hub: https://powerofus.force.com/0F980000000CjpC

          Comment


          • #6
            I just meant that the CnP_PaaS_EVT.EventRegistration_ThankYou Visualforce Page element was turned off. That's why we were getting an authorization error.

            Please let me know about the character limit. I'm happy to give you my salesforce login if that will be faster. Please let me know!


            Originally posted by Support.Department View Post
            Good day!

            What do you mean by "Thank You" element had somehow become uninstalled?

            "Thank you" element? what is that?

            Comment


            • #7
              Good day!

              Please create the following user with admin rights:

              UserID: [email protected]
              Email:
              [email protected]

              Once the User is set up we will login and figure out what is going on. Please allow 24 hours before we get back to you.

              Regards,
              Click & Pledge Support Department

              On Salesforce? Help us by rating our app: Click & Pledge Donor Management on AppExchange

              Join us @ the educational webinars: https://clickandpledge.com/webinars/
              Live Support available Join between 3:00 - 3:30 p.m. ET Monday - Thursday: https://clickandpledge.com/webinars/
              Are you on Salesforce? Join us at the Power of Us Hub: https://powerofus.force.com/0F980000000CjpC

              Comment


              • #8
                There is already a debug user with system admin privileges created:

                UserID: [email protected]
                Email: [email protected]

                Do I need to create a new one?


                Originally posted by Support.Department View Post
                Good day!

                Please create the following user with admin rights:

                UserID: [email protected]
                Email:
                [email protected]

                Once the User is set up we will login and figure out what is going on. Please allow 24 hours before we get back to you.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Good day!

                  You had me confused when you said "this was fixed in the latest update".

                  The limit for the field is 255 characters and that has not changed. We are going to change this in 2.0 but not in the 1.x release and currently the limit is 255 characters.
                  Regards,
                  Click & Pledge Support Department

                  On Salesforce? Help us by rating our app: Click & Pledge Donor Management on AppExchange

                  Join us @ the educational webinars: https://clickandpledge.com/webinars/
                  Live Support available Join between 3:00 - 3:30 p.m. ET Monday - Thursday: https://clickandpledge.com/webinars/
                  Are you on Salesforce? Join us at the Power of Us Hub: https://powerofus.force.com/0F980000000CjpC

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I was told there was already a new release version that had already fixed this issue. Is there someone who can follow up and verify. We just moved back to click and pledge specifically because we were told this was fixed.

                    Originally posted by Support.Department View Post
                    Good day!

                    You had me confused when you said "this was fixed in the latest update".

                    The limit for the field is 255 characters and that has not changed. We are going to change this in 2.0 but not in the 1.x release and currently the limit is 255 characters.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Good day!

                      I know for sure that the limit is 255 and that is the maximum limit of the field type that is being used for this field.

                      The issue is not a bug since that is the limit for the field. In the next release (2.0 due out later this year) we will change the field type and have to do roll up to move all data to the new field type since we have had other requests.

                      Currently the limit is 255.
                      Regards,
                      Click & Pledge Support Department

                      On Salesforce? Help us by rating our app: Click & Pledge Donor Management on AppExchange

                      Join us @ the educational webinars: https://clickandpledge.com/webinars/
                      Live Support available Join between 3:00 - 3:30 p.m. ET Monday - Thursday: https://clickandpledge.com/webinars/
                      Are you on Salesforce? Join us at the Power of Us Hub: https://powerofus.force.com/0F980000000CjpC

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Is there any way to disable the limit for one field? Are you absolutely sure there is no release already available that has address this issue? We really need this.



                        Originally posted by Support.Department View Post
                        Good day!

                        I know for sure that the limit is 255 and that is the maximum limit of the field type that is being used for this field.

                        The issue is not a bug since that is the limit for the field. In the next release (2.0 due out later this year) we will change the field type and have to do roll up to move all data to the new field type since we have had other requests.

                        Currently the limit is 255.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Good day!

                          I am 200% sure since I am the developer that has worked on this. So no one is more sure about this than me.
                          Regards,
                          Click & Pledge Support Department

                          On Salesforce? Help us by rating our app: Click & Pledge Donor Management on AppExchange

                          Join us @ the educational webinars: https://clickandpledge.com/webinars/
                          Live Support available Join between 3:00 - 3:30 p.m. ET Monday - Thursday: https://clickandpledge.com/webinars/
                          Are you on Salesforce? Join us at the Power of Us Hub: https://powerofus.force.com/0F980000000CjpC

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Oh no... this is really bad news. We were told that this was going to be completed last December. Do you know when the next release is? Can you recommend any work-arounds for this issue? Maybe we can chat on the phone to explore options?

                            Originally posted by Support.Department View Post
                            Good day!

                            I am 200% sure since I am the developer that has worked on this. So no one is more sure about this than me.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X