HELP! Registration email difficulty in newly started event registration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! Registration email difficulty in newly started event registration

This is for org ID: 00DA00000000miZ and access is granted.
    We have started registration for an event (the only active one). However there are several issues:
    1. For the General Admission level, which is free, when someone registers, they are forced to first complete the attendee info for attendee 1 and then are prompted to copy this to their registrant info. If there is only 1 person, the log says that both the attendee and registration email goes out, but only the attendee one is received. Is there any way to have just a registrant and not an attendee (but still have the option to add attendees)? and why is the attendee email being received and not the registrant? Is there something wrong in my email settings?Click image for larger version

Name:	2-12 C&P.png
Views:	49
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	62739
    2. when I compare the event log to the registration list, it looks like many emails have not gone out, but I know this isn't true. Why would this be.
    3. When someone registered for the General Admission Plus level which does have a fee, they received both the attendee letter and our generic donation letter. Not the registrant letter.

I can't find thorough documentation on the attendee vs registrant and more on the email configurations. If someone could look at our instance, I'd really appreciate it.

One more thing to add. For the free ticket, I'm receiving an additional generic donation letter - which doesn't apply because it is free and I didn't make a donation and it is not one of the email templates created for this event. so I've actually received 3 emails.
    Attached Files

Comment

Good day @wcnpTI

1. For the General Admission level, which is free, when someone registers, they are forced to first complete the attendee info for attendee 1 and then are prompted to copy this to their registrant info. If there is only 1 person, the log says that both the attendee and registration email goes out, but only the attendee one is received. Is there any way to have just a registrant and not an attendee (but still have the option to add attendees)? and why is the attendee email being received and not the registrant? Is there something wrong in my email settings?

Ans: We noticed that your Template (2022 Solas Awards GA Registration Auto Response) last modified date was 17Feb 3:51 PM, since then emails have been fired correctly for Registrants, which means you were set some wrong condition for that Template, which doesn't satisfy the condition for registrant email. However, you can send the email to whoever has not received the email by clicking on send email button on that template, this way it will fire the email for those who didn't receive the email previously.

And regarding forced to complete attendee and then registrant info,It is the functionality,if the attendee & registrant are the same, a single checkbox at the top copies all the attendee information to the registrant so there will be no need for the person to enter the info twice.

2. when I compare the event log to the registration list, it looks like many emails have not gone out, but I know this isn't true. Why would this be.

Ans: Yes, due to the email template condition being set to wrong, emails were not fired, please check the future emails and if you still facing the same issue, please let us know.

3. When someone registered for the General Admission Plus level which does have a fee, they received both the attendee letter and our generic donation letter. Not the registrant letter.

Ans: If the attendee registered by adding to General Admission Plus level, in this case, only the attendee will get the attendee template. Registrant will not because the registrant template does not have the plus.

Regarding additional generic donation letters, it is a generic receipt that is sent from CONNECT receipt, not the Events Email Template.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Connect Receipt.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	62755
      Regards,
      Click & Pledge Support Department

On Salesforce? Help us by rating our app: Click & Pledge Donor Management on AppExchange

Join us @ the educational webinars: https://clickandpledge.com/webinars/
      Live Support available Join between 3:00 - 3:30 p.m. ET Monday - Thursday: https://clickandpledge.com/webinars/
      Are you on Salesforce? Join us at the Power of Us Hub: https://powerofus.force.com/0F980000000CjpC

Comment

Please see my response:
        1. For the General Admission level, which is free, when someone registers, they are forced to first complete the attendee info for attendee 1 and then are prompted to copy this to their registrant info. If there is only 1 person, the log says that both the attendee and registration email goes out, but only the attendee one is received. Is there any way to have just a registrant and not an attendee (but still have the option to add attendees)? and why is the attendee email being received and not the registrant? Is there something wrong in my email settings?

Ans: We noticed that your Template (2022 Solas Awards GA Registration Auto Response) last modified date was 17Feb 3:51 PM, since then emails have been fired correctly for Registrants, which means you were set some wrong condition for that Template, which doesn't satisfy the condition for registrant email. However, you can send the email to whoever has not received the email by clicking on send email button on that template, this way it will fire the email for those who didn't receive the email previously.

No, they haven't been firing correctly for GA registrants since 2/17. Look at the 2/18 and 2/20 log entries. You'll see there is both an attendee and a registrant email going to the SAME person. So basically duplicates are being sent.

Name:	22-22-2 Events1.png
Views:	32
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	62760

Ans: If the attendee registered by adding to General Admission Plus level, in this case, only the attendee will get the attendee template. Registrant will not because the registrant template does not have the plus.

John Colburn registered after I had made changes and he received the attendee, donation and GA+ registrant email. He should not be getting both the attendee and GA+ registrant email. Just the registrant.

Name:	22-22-2 Events2.png
Views:	25
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	62761

And the GA+ is set up for registrant template:

Name:	22-22-2 Events3.png
Views:	25
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	62762

Comment

1. Those are not duplicate but you have set the email templates for Registrants as well as Attendees. As you can see the templates Types for Registrant and Attendee are different:

Name:	Different Templates.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	62774

If you don't want to send the email to the Attendee, then please remove/inactive the following template: 2022 Solas Awards Attendee Auto Response

Name:	Attendee Template.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	62773

2. I am not sure I understand what exactly you are expecting with John Colborn. He received three templates as per your settings. You have set three different templates for Attendee, Registrant, and Additional Donation, since John Colborn is also an Attendee and Registrant as well as donated an additional donation of $45, he received three templates as expected, one for Attendee (Template Name: 2022 Solas Awards Attendee Auto Response), Registrant (Template Name: 2022 Solas Awards GA+ Registration Auto Response), and Additional Donation (Template Name: 2022 Solas Awards Donation Auto Response).
          Regards,

On Salesforce? Help us by rating our app: Click & Pledge Donor Management on AppExchange

Live Support available Join between 3:00 - 3:30 p.m. ET Monday - Thursday: https://clickandpledge.com/webinars/
          Are you on Salesforce? Join us at the Power of Us Hub: https://powerofus.force.com/0F980000000CjpC

Comment

I apologize for my lack of knowledge about this but it is confusing. I want an email to go to the registrant as well as any attendees they may also sign up. I do not want the registrant to get the attendee notification as well as the registrant notification when it is only them attending. That was the reason I was confused about someone signing themselves up as both attendee and registrant as it seems to default to. If I turn off the attendee email, won't it prevent anyone who a registrant signs up from getting the attendee email?

Comment

I understand that you don't want to send an Attendee email to the Registrant in the case of Attendee and Registrant are the same person. Is that what you are trying to set? It is not possible.

For now, there is no way to prevent receiving Attendee email to the Registrant because both are the same person.

If you turn off the Attendee email, it will not send to any Attendees apart from the above case.
              Regards,

Comment

Okay, I now understand. I hope that is changed in the future but I understand now how it is working. One more thing...to circle back to the generic donation letter coming from Connect. Why is it being sent to people who have a GA ticket with no additional donation and the ticket is free?

Name:	2-23-22Events1.png
Views:	27
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	62778

Comment

Good day @wcnpTI

By default, anytime a successful transaction occurs Connect receipt is emailed out to the patron. However, if don't want to send Connect receipts, there is a setting in Event where you can uncheck the Send Receipt check box to stop sending the Connect receipt for that particular Event.

Name:	Receipt settings in Event.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	62787

If you wish to customize your receipts, you may use the Receipt Builder.
                  Regards,

Comment

Working...
                  X