X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern Plains
    replied
    Hi Amanda,

I have another question. When we have a ticket purchase come in via our event form, almost everything is working perfectly. The only hiccup I'm getting is with the event attendee campaign. Registered attendees are being added to that campaign correctly, but the auction ticket they are associated with is not being connected to their auction attendee campaign member record. This is an important step, and if we could have it done automatically, It would be great, though I'm not sure that it's possible. Do you have any thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• CnP.LiveSupport.AB
    replied
    No, only the extra attendee mappings that are available under Event Management > Event Name > Additional Information > Opportunity/Product Mappings.

Leave a comment:

• Northern Plains
    replied
    Hello!

So I'm making good progress here, but I'm having trouble getting some resolution for my attendee custom questions. I see on several other forum posts that it's not possible to map custom questions from the attendee, only the registrant. Is there any other workaround that would allow me to get the data from my attendee custom questions into record for each ticket opportunity?

Leave a comment:

• CnP.LiveSupport.AB
    replied
    Hi Caleb,

Regarding our discussion in Live Support about event payment by Invoice - I believe this is what you were referring to- the 'Make Payment' button. Invoice and Purchase Order were removed from Events in June 2016, which was right before I began working with C&P. I will check in the morning, but it is likely the 'Make Payment' functionality was eventually removed as well.

Regarding how Auction tickets come in, here is what happened when I bought the ticket for 'Data' in Live Support, following the changes above (in this screenshot, I used Lightning).

Click image for larger version  Name:	2018-10-04_Live Support to Forum Caleb 01.jpg Views:	1 Size:	76.5 KB ID:	42353
    So of course, the first thing you'll notice is that the Number of Tickets is empty. So you'll want to add a custom SKU mapping that will set the 'Number of Tickets' field to '1'.

And I will test that to see what else needs to be set up... you might want to create:
    1. A custom text field on the Opportunity and set Event > Additional Information > Opportunity/Opportunity Product Mapping > Attendee Name
    2. A custom picklist field on the Opportunity for Meal Selection, create a custom picklist question on the Event and map that response.
    3. Add these fields to the Auctions for Salesforce Auction Ticket field set, so that you can see them on the Auction Ticket layout.

~ Amanda

Last edited by CnP.LiveSupport.AB; 10-04-2018, 03:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Northern Plains
    replied
    Amanda FTW! Thanks!

I'll let you know how this all works out.

Leave a comment:

• CnP.LiveSupport.AB
    replied
    OK- I think we have this....

Ideally for Auctions for Salesforce, you want your Registrants and Opportunities on the Tickets Campaign, and the Attendees on the Attendees campaign.

In Events, we assign the Registrant to the Tickets Campaign by setting the 'Event Campaign' on the Event tab in Additional Information. This is the campaign applying to the entire 'transaction'. We set the Levels Campaign to the Attendees Campaign. Because each ticket is a line item on the transaction, and each line item on a transaction creates an Opportunity - both the Opportunity and the Attendee are assigned to the Attendees Campaign.

The Attendee is added to the Campaign when the Opportunity is created. But we can take advantage of the custom mapping process:
    1. Opportunity is created
    2. NPSP updates the Opportunity with any settings triggered by the Opportunity creation (like custom naming)
    3. C&P PaaS updates the Opportunity again based on Custom Mapping.

So, we set the Event Campaign to our Auction Tickets Campaign.
    We set our Ticket Levels to the Auction Attendees Campaign and assign a SKU
    We set a SKU for each ticket level.

Like so:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-10-03_Live Support-Forum_Caleb02.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	42296

Then we set up a Custom Mapping to update the Opportunity's Campaign.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-10-03_Live Support-Forum_Caleb.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	136.4 KB
ID:	42297

Now when the Opportunities are created, the Opportunity and Attendee are added to the Auction Attendees campaign, NPSP updates the Opportunity as needed, and then C&P PaaS updates the Opportunity again with the Custom Mapping, setting the Opportunity back to the Tickets Campaign.

In my demo org, I've also created sub-Campaigns for each Sponsor level with a parent of the Auctions Sponsor Campaign.

My Auction's tickets campaign will include ticket sales, my Sponsorship campaign will include Sponsor sales broken down by the sub-campaigns. Both my Sponsor's guests and my Individual Guests will be on the Attendees Campaign.

Wah-La!

~ Amanda, Live Support

Leave a comment:

• Click&Pledge Events and Auctions For Salesforce Campaigns

Hello,

I have set up my event to map to Auctions for Salesforce Campaigns as outlined here. When I use my C&P Events form to register for the event, the opportunities associated with the ticket purchase end up being tied to the Auction Attendees Campaign. In our past usage of Auctions for Salesforce, we always put those opportunities under the Auction Tickets campaign. In order to keep our systems properly in place, is there a good way to get the opportunities to associate with the ticket campaign while still keeping the attendees assigned to the Auction Attendees campaign?

Thanks
Working...
X