X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CnP.Support.AM
    replied
    Good day @Mark Stark

We have reverted back the changes. We have removed the redirect from the standard page layout to our VF page.

Let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Thanks,

Leave a comment:

• CnP.Support
    replied
    Good day Mark Stark

Great to hear all is taken care of.

Please make sure we have access to your account till Monday as the developer that worked on this is out till Monday. He will update it once he is back.

The change was simply removing the redirect from the standard object to our VF page. As long as you do not go to the standard object it will not have any issues. We will update it once he is back.

Please let us know if we can be of more assistance.

Leave a comment:

• Mark Stark
    replied
    I hope you had a good holiday. Please revert my view of Objects, VT, and Swiper1 to normal. I have deleted all the incorrect temporary contacts and associated data per directions, and I have set accounts to "businessaccount" as you have recommended. Thank you

Leave a comment:

• Mark Stark
    replied
    Ok, thank you. I will delete the transaction footprint for the incorrectly-entered items that I don't want to process. Have a nice weekend.

Leave a comment:

• CnP.Support
    replied
    Good day!

Please do not do this-- Yes you can delete it but maintenance will recreate it. You create inconsistency in the data.

While you can do whatever you want using the records in the object, applications have consistency issues. C&P Data has records that it monitors and registrant and attendees have connected records.

If you wish to remove a Temp you need to delete the entire footprint of that transaction, starting with C&P Data.

Just so we make sure we have warned you.

Leave a comment:

• Mark Stark
    replied
    I have figured out how to delete Temp Contacts using the Apex Data Loader. Thank you

Leave a comment:

• CnP.Support
    replied
    Good day Mark Stark

Glad to see we are moving forward.

We do not recommend you delete a temporary contact. You may delete a transaction that has posted but if you delete a Temp you will create orphaned data. The maintenance always monitors for inconsistencies in the system and fixes it so if you delete a temp the system will detect orphaned transaction & re-processes the C&P Data.

If you wish to delete an order then go to C&P Settings > Maintenance and enter the Order Number and delete all records / footprints of the transaction.

Please note that if you delete a temp that is associated with an event, the registration will become orphaned and may cause inconsistent reports.

Hope that answers your question.

Leave a comment:

• Mark Stark
    replied
    I have figured out what happened (and why I was so perturbed). With the previous settings, when I selected the duplicate, the C&P Temporary contact did get processed and create a new Contact and Opportunity. However, I guess there were still unprocessed temporary contacts (that I could no longer see in the view); then when the change to "Account Type" was made, all those contacts got processed again - creating new opportunities and triggering auto-responder and workflow email notifications. So, it wasn't just the single temp contact that fired, it was all of them.

By the way, is there any way to delete Temporary Contacts? Thank you

Leave a comment:

• CnP.Support
    replied
    Good day!

We will try to see how we can possibly carry this forward. Hate to inconvenience our clients but it is a major problem. We only wish Salesforce would not have ever introduced it.

See: https://success.salesforce.com/ideaV...0000000Kwg7AAC

Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-07-01_10-12-42.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	24726

We are among a large number of people requesting Salesforce to change this and as you can see in the above post that you are not alone in this inconvenience. I suggest you add your vote & voice to that thread.

Let us know if we can be of more help.
    Last edited by CnP.Support; 07-01-2016, 09:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mark Stark
    replied
    Thank you. I will work on it this weekend when things should be quiet in the organization. I can't do testing during the normal business day, and I do want to make sure we process regular donations since we just put up the ticketing Event. Thank you

Leave a comment:

• CnP.Support
    replied
    Good day!

Please see this link: https://na25.salesforce.com/a2O31000000QKqE
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-07-01_9-42-16.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	24716

We made a change in your instance so the Standard view of the object does not redirect to our VF page. Our developer updated your instance using the developer console and manual query, but you could do it this way also and it is easier for you to interact with a tab.

Simply go to that tab and EDIT it - Account Type should say: businessaccount

Once you are all set and want us to revert you back to the old way just let us know. We will go and add the redirect to the VF page.

Please (Please please please) do not make any changes to the other fields. The reason we have a redirect on this tab is to make sure clients do not update this manually. A lot of validation takes takes place in our VF pages and if you update any other field without our validation you could break the app.

Hope this helps.

If you want we can also install the app in a Sandbox so you could test your flows. Just let us know if we can be of more help.

Leave a comment:

• Mark Stark
    replied
    I would like to be on the interim release of the software. However, from your comment, I understand I should never upgrade to release 10 since it won't work with person accounts, is this correct? And it is the same for anyone like me who chose person accounts a long time ago and cannot change it, correct?

Thank you,

Leave a comment:

• Mark Stark
    replied
    I am sorry for my strong reaction. I first realized it happened after being contacted by a confused donor. I would like to evaluate changing settings on the system to better process temporary contacts. Is there a way I can make the change you made so I can test it's effects in a controlled manner? Or can we schedule a time to do it when I can turn off the auto-responder and emails to donors for testing? Thank you

Leave a comment:

• Mark Stark
    replied
    OK, is there a way to stop two Temporary Contacts being created, or is that going to happen every time there is an unrecognized donor? Thank you

Leave a comment:

• CnP.Support
    replied
    Good day!

The only change in your instance was manual addition of "Business Account" to the C&P field: cnp_paas__Account_Type__c

No other changes were made to your account and that has since been reverted back.

& we read all posts the same way with all caps or all lower case. We are also trying to help you resolve your issues and have no intention to misguide or cause havoc with your instance. We have had clients that have had Person Accounts with the same issue and once they choose what type of accounts they want to use moving forward we have resolved their issue so they use the app. Prior to a few changes which were made a long time ago, we did not support Person Account - if it was installed our app would not work- period. Given Salesforce's inability to revert a Person Account to a regular account, once it has been enabled, we tried to come up with work around.

The work around that was in place is not being followed through in the new releases as we no longer carry all the code for this exception. Our goal is to rid our code of all the signatures of Person Account in the future as it is limiting addition of new features. Every feature has to account for all the variations caused by the Person Account.

We know why this error is happening and one of our developers has informed us that we can add a line for the exception to account for the NULL condition. We will add that to the next release update and if you wish to be on the interim release we can update your instance next week.

We apologize again for the inconvenience but please note that in release 10 we will be removing all provisions for Person Account presence.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X