Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hzziwa
    replied
    Thank you! That is very helpful. I like the idea of using the year. We will kick this around and see if we have any additional questions.

Leave a comment:

• CnP.Support
    replied
    Good day!

Product ID's or SKU's are totally your call. For example:

• Golf Foursome, list price $250
    • Table, list price $1000
    • Free, list price $0

You may want to name your events giving them the Year as a prefix so when you look at the Opportunities it will make sense. I am not sure why you don't want multiple opportunities since that will work nicely with your configuration. A transaction may include many opportunities and you may name them according to the SKU dynamically through the C&P Settings > Opportunity > Opportunity Name

So here are a few examples:

• Golf Foursome, list price $250 -- SKU: 2014-Golf-4
    • Table, list price $1000 -- SKU: 2014-Golf-Table
    • Free, list price $0-- SKU: 2014-Golf-Free

You may set up Autoresponders, etc. by selecting:

- IF SKU Starts with 2014 --> action for 2014 events
    - IF SKU Includes Golf --> action for Golf events
    - IF SKU Ends with Table --> Action for Table

the above are example for Autoresponder setting.

I hope that helps. Please let me know what are the confusing parts so I can explain further.

Leave a comment:

• hzziwa
    replied
    This is our first implementation of Events so we had not considered using products other than to solve the issue of creating multiple opportunities for a single transaction. So I see you are saying we should just make a system up that works for us. So, we use SKU Events to differentiate transactions from Events from any other transactions. In this case, our product IDs could be something like: Events - Free (free event), Events - Golf Foursome, etc? Do you have some example you use to illustrate the power of these for your users? I would appreciate some pointers.

Leave a comment:

• CnP.Support
    replied
    Hi Hellen,

Please note that in the absence of SKU's we have no way of determining what product is being referenced. Without SKU we have to rely on the text which is truly not a good method for matching since spelling, etc. may differ.

I am curious as to why you don't use Product ID's. Make up a system and use it everywhere - with C&P you can do a lot once you start implementing SKU's.

Leave a comment:

• hzziwa
    started a topic What is the recommended way to use Products for Events

What is the recommended way to use Products for Events

Hi:

Say we have a registration level that comes with 4 tickets. If we do not use products, 4 separate opportunities are created. If we use products, a single opportunity is created. This is what we want.

The thing is, unless we use a SKU for the registration level, to tie it to a product whose product code is the same as the SKU used, the system seems to create new products. This is not desirable.

Can you give me any information with regards to how you envisioned the feature being used so that I can follow best practices?

I don't mind creating a product for each registration level. Example:
    • Golf Foursome, list price $250
    • Table, list price $1000
    • Free, list price $0

How can we prevent users from creating events without tying them to at least one product? My main aim here is to prevent randomly created products.

Thanks
    Hellen
Working...
X