Announcement

Collapse

Information Needed

See more
See less

Create Opportunities via event registration

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Create Opportunities via event registration

    Is it possible to create opportunities on an event campaign via the event management system? I have not found how to do this.

    Also when individuals sign up will the registration contact information sync with current contacts in SF?

    Thank you.

  • #2
    Good day @LyndSayneer,

    Yes- each registration level creates an opportunity. Each item in the basket (registration) is an opportunity.

    As for Contacts - the answer is YES- based on the Contact / Account settings. Please see the following: http://forums.clickandpledge.com/con...ct-and-Account

    Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
    Last edited by CnP.Support.MA; 05-25-2015, 07:45 AM.
    Regards,
    Click & Pledge Support Department

    On Salesforce? Help us by rating our app: Click & Pledge Donor Management on AppExchange

    Join us @ the educational webinars: https://clickandpledge.com/webinars/
    Live Support available Join between 3:00 - 3:30 p.m. ET Monday - Thursday: https://clickandpledge.com/webinars/
    Are you on Salesforce? Join us at the Power of Us Hub: https://powerofus.force.com/0F980000000CjpC

    Comment


    • #3
      Purchase did not create attendee contact or opportunity

      Originally posted by Support.Department View Post
      Good day @LyndSayneer,

      Yes- each registration level creates an opportunity. Each item in the basket (registration) is an opportunity.

      As for Contacts - the answer is YES- based on the Contact / Account settings. Please see the following: http://forums.clickandpledge.com/content.php?r=387-Contact-and-Account

      Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
      I tested the site with a credit card and it didn't find an existing contact or create a temporary contact for the attendee. Also it didn't create an opportunity either. Can you assist me with this.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by lyndsayneer View Post
        I tested the site with a credit card and it didn't find an existing contact or create a temporary contact for the attendee. Also it didn't create an opportunity either. Can you assist me with this.
        Via documentation I found on the forum. I looked into the C&P Data tab to see if I saw the transaction, but this didn't happen as well. I also went into the C&P settings and ensured I had create opportunity checked as well as the contact setup.

        This is the event page: https://militaryymca.secure.force.co...1_Opening_Page

        We wanted to have this registration go live today, but facing uses with the integration. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by lyndsayneer View Post
          Is it possible to create opportunities on an event campaign via the event management system? I have not found how to do this.

          Also when individuals sign up will the registration contact information sync with current contacts in SF?

          Thank you.
          Here is our ORG ID so you have access to login. 00Dd0000000dAjN

          I have tried three times to purchase a ticket and it lets me go through the entire process, but it never logs an opportunity, doesn't link with the campaign, and doesn't match or current contact or create a temporary contact in the instance that the fields do not match.

          I want to get this sorted by 12 tomorrow to post live on our site for our participants. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

          Comment


          • #6
            Good day!

            We will review your account and let you know what we find out.

            You may want to explore a few things anytime you believe any data is missing.
            1. Has the data posted to your Salesforce instance: http://forums.clickandpledge.com/content.php?r=224-Salesforce-Error-Logs
            2. Temporary Contacts: Events temporary contact is different from the payment temporary contact - in case of Event 2.0 the following image shows how to check for attendees temporary contact:

            Click image for larger version

Name:	Event_TemporaryContact.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	15343

            I have requested one of our test engineers to review your account. If you manage to review the above two points prior to our review please let us know your findings.
            Regards,
            Click & Pledge Support Department

            On Salesforce? Help us by rating our app: Click & Pledge Donor Management on AppExchange

            Join us @ the educational webinars: https://clickandpledge.com/webinars/
            Live Support available Join between 3:00 - 3:30 p.m. ET Monday - Thursday: https://clickandpledge.com/webinars/
            Are you on Salesforce? Join us at the Power of Us Hub: https://powerofus.force.com/0F980000000CjpC

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Support.Department View Post
              Good day!

              We will review your account and let you know what we find out.

              You may want to explore a few things anytime you believe any data is missing.
              1. Has the data posted to your Salesforce instance: http://forums.clickandpledge.com/content.php?r=224-Salesforce-Error-Logs
              2. Temporary Contacts: Events temporary contact is different from the payment temporary contact - in case of Event 2.0 the following image shows how to check for attendees temporary contact:

              [ATTACH=CONFIG]1002[/ATTACH]

              I have requested one of our test engineers to review your account. If you manage to review the above two points prior to our review please let us know your findings.
              Thank you for your response. I have checked the above two points you referenced and it doesn't show any temporary contacts when I click on the button. Also it did not create an opportunity either to link to the campaign. I look forward to hearing from your engineers.

              Comment


              • #8
                Update on Engineers?

                Originally posted by Support.Department View Post
                Good day!We will review your account and let you know what we find out.You may want to explore a few things anytime you believe any data is missing.
                1. Has the data posted to your Salesforce instance: http://forums.clickandpledge.com/content.php?r=224-Salesforce-Error-Logs
                2. Temporary Contacts: Events temporary contact is different from the payment temporary contact - in case of Event 2.0 the following image shows how to check for attendees temporary contact:

                [ATTACH=CONFIG]1002[/ATTACH]I have requested one of our test engineers to review your account. If you manage to review the above two points prior to our review please let us know your findings.
                Do you have any update from your engineers? I tried making another purchase via my credit card to test the event and it processed, but didn't create an opportunity or create a temporary contact.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Good day @Lyndsayneer,

                  Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We had to review a large number of aspects of your account only to realize that you had not the post-installation.

                  The post installation is provided here: http://manual.clickandpledge.com/Sal...tallation.html

                  One of our test engineers updated your account and did the post-installation.

                  Please test it and let us know if you are still having any issues.
                  Regards,
                  Click & Pledge Support Department

                  On Salesforce? Help us by rating our app: Click & Pledge Donor Management on AppExchange

                  Join us @ the educational webinars: https://clickandpledge.com/webinars/
                  Live Support available Join between 3:00 - 3:30 p.m. ET Monday - Thursday: https://clickandpledge.com/webinars/
                  Are you on Salesforce? Join us at the Power of Us Hub: https://powerofus.force.com/0F980000000CjpC

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Support.Department View Post
                    Good day @Lyndsayneer,

                    Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We had to review a large number of aspects of your account only to realize that you had not the post-installation.

                    The post installation is provided here: http://manual.clickandpledge.com/Sal...tallation.html

                    One of our test engineers updated your account and did the post-installation.

                    Please test it and let us know if you are still having any issues.
                    I appreciate your response and noticed the "C&P Developer test" event you created. Unfortunately while that event worked, I just went in a did a purchase on the "FDD 2014" event and again no opportunity was created or temporary contact.

                    Did you review the FDD 2014 event under the C&P events tab?

                    Thank you,

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by lyndsayneer View Post
                      I appreciate your response and noticed the "C&P Developer test" event you created. Unfortunately while that event worked, I just went in a did a purchase on the "FDD 2014" event and again no opportunity was created or temporary contact.

                      Did you review the FDD 2014 event under the C&P events tab?

                      Thank you,
                      Also we are using the older version of C&P for the registration page as everything is already setup. The new "Event Management" user interface we haven't been able to tackle just yet.

                      I will be making the event live at 12:30 p.m. pst today via the old version.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Good day!

                        We have reviewed your event and have a good idea as to what has happened.

                        • It appears that you have cloned a 1.x event into a 2.x event. The fields are quite different and need to be reset to match the various new features of 2.x
                        • The payment form has the country removed which will result in a great deal of declines and in 2.x you cannot remove the country field. It has been removed from the form and will cause issues with authorization.
                        • The event registration tag was also placed twice in the editor and we removed the last one so now it is only one present.
                        • There is a lot that has changed so I highly encourage you to recreate your event in 2.x from the beginning.

                        If you wish we can duplicate your event and set it up in 2.x so it works for you. Let me know if you wish for us to recreate your event in 2.x format.
                        Regards,
                        Click & Pledge Support Department

                        On Salesforce? Help us by rating our app: Click & Pledge Donor Management on AppExchange

                        Join us @ the educational webinars: https://clickandpledge.com/webinars/
                        Live Support available Join between 3:00 - 3:30 p.m. ET Monday - Thursday: https://clickandpledge.com/webinars/
                        Are you on Salesforce? Join us at the Power of Us Hub: https://powerofus.force.com/0F980000000CjpC

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Support.Department View Post
                          Good day!

                          We have reviewed your event and have a good idea as to what has happened.

                          • It appears that you have cloned a 1.x event into a 2.x event. The fields are quite different and need to be reset to match the various new features of 2.x
                          • The payment form has the country removed which will result in a great deal of declines and in 2.x you cannot remove the country field. It has been removed from the form and will cause issues with authorization.
                          • The event registration tag was also placed twice in the editor and we removed the last one so now it is only one present.
                          • There is a lot that has changed so I highly encourage you to recreate your event in 2.x from the beginning.

                          If you wish we can duplicate your event and set it up in 2.x so it works for you. Let me know if you wish for us to recreate your event in 2.x format.
                          Thank you for finding these issues. I would really appreciate it if you could duplicate the event in 2.x to reflect the look and feel of 1.X. Since we were on a time crunch we wanted to just use the older version, but it seems that isn't an option.

                          Please let me know when this is complete so that I can send the link out to our military members. Best,

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Good day!

                            May I ask that you test: https://militaryymca.secure.force.co...1Sd0000000hWV0

                            Your setting is in semi-automatic so attendees that are not in the system will go in the Temp Contact.

                            Please let us know if this works for you.
                            Regards,
                            Click & Pledge Support Department

                            On Salesforce? Help us by rating our app: Click & Pledge Donor Management on AppExchange

                            Join us @ the educational webinars: https://clickandpledge.com/webinars/
                            Live Support available Join between 3:00 - 3:30 p.m. ET Monday - Thursday: https://clickandpledge.com/webinars/
                            Are you on Salesforce? Join us at the Power of Us Hub: https://powerofus.force.com/0F980000000CjpC

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Support.Department View Post
                              Good day!

                              May I ask that you test: https://militaryymca.secure.force.co...1Sd0000000hWV0

                              Your setting is in semi-automatic so attendees that are not in the system will go in the Temp Contact.

                              Please let us know if this works for you.
                              The event is up. But once again the temporary contacts is not working and the transactions are not showing. Can you assist.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X