X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • franklin
    • Feb 2012

Embedded Virtual Terminal Hiccup

Hi C&P
    Just installed V4.21 and am very excited about the Embeded Virutal Terminal!
    Setting up my first one but having a strange problem where the page disappears and i only see the submit button. I tried on 2 different clients with the same results. Any suggestions?

• Dovid
    • Dec 2011

I had the same issue. If you don't specify a unit price then eVT assumes it's free and doesn't show the CC form. You need to add the parameter up1=<your amount> and then it should show the form.

Comment

• franklin
      • Feb 2012

Ah...got it. Would love to get this all on one page instead of have the donor add amount and then send that in the iframe url. Anyway to set the up1 as $1 and pass a donor specified amount into the iframe?

Comment

• CnP.Support
        C&P Support
        • May 2000

Franklin,

Are you asking for the amount field to be part of the form? I am not sure I understand!

The idea is really simple- you have your own form and only use this for the payment processing by passing all parameters to it. It is actually designed to be a form under your total control.

Please elaborate on what you wish to accomplish.
        Regards,
        Click & Pledge Support Department

Join us @ the educational webinars: https://clickandpledge.com/webinars/
        Live Support- read more: https://support.clickandpledge.com/s/article/general-information-live-support/

Comment

• Dovid
          • Dec 2011

What I did was have the fields like amount, item name, contact, etc. as fields on a VF page and then (re)render the iframe with the updated parameters.

btw, I wouldn't say under our TOTAL control. For example, there is no way to passing billing address information, only shipping. Unless C&P docs are not telling us something. And there is no way to control the response page in the iframe or to pass a response back to the parent page. We have to wait for the XML data post back and then go parse that.

Comment

• franklin
            • Feb 2012

I am using EVT in a wordpress site for a client. I did FAAS donation forms and it was pretty cool how we could just set parameters like amount in a form field and submit. For EVT, like,I've built javascript that waits for the donor to specify the amount and then places the EVT iframe on the page with amount in the iframe query string. if the donor updates the price, I update the iframe and it looks kinda suspect..

It was cool how in FAAS amount was a hidden form value you passed. Is there a way to pass amount into the iframe? Is it the same variable name as in the query string - up1? Does everything have to go in through the iframe query string?

Thanks
            Franklin

Comment

• CnP.Support
              C&P Support
              • May 2000

Franklin,

Yes- the amount is all in the URL. All parameters need to be passed in the URL.

All arguments are listed in the manual at:

Please test it and let me know if you have any other questions.
              Regards,

Live Support- read more: https://support.clickandpledge.com/s/article/general-information-live-support/

Comment

• franklin
                • Feb 2012

Grow the Embedded Virtual Terminal Please

Thanks for the reply. Happy to have some sort of EVT but looking forward to V2.

Request list for EVT enhancements:
                Coolest donations are singe page processes. Now with EVT we only have the ability to pass amounts through the query string - so we have to wait for donor to specify the amount before we add EVT and we have to refresh the iframe or page if the donor updates the donation amount.

Please let make the variables inside the EVT iframe accessible for us to pass in and update values fro things like amount, campaign, tracker, shipping address, etc.

Thanks!
                Franklin

Comment

• franklin
                  • Feb 2012

I got this EVT business working but noticed another strange behavior I am wondering if I can work around.
                  EVT is a slow loader. I added a loading animation and message and that helps.
                  The strange thing I ran into was that if I set the display property of the EVT iframe to none while it was loading (so there isn't a big blank box inserted in the page), the EVT would load with "This is a test transaction use test card number (4111111111111111)" above the credit card number. If I don't set the EVT iframe display property to none - no problems. Not a big deal but would like this to look as good as possible.

One more - if the item name matches a sku will it tie together in SF?

Thanks!
                  Franklin

Comment

• CnP.Support
                    C&P Support
                    • May 2000

Franklin,

The message you are seeing is because a script is being blocked.

Would you please right click on the frame and choose RELOAD and let me know if that still shows.

About SKU:

The SKU's offer 2 features with the latest release:

• Record Types: If the SKU matches the filtering options in the C&P Settings then Record Types will be assigned as selected. See http://manual.clickandpledge.com/Sal...l#Record_Types
                    • Opportunity / Products: If the Product option is set for Opportunities and an event level's SKU matches the Product ID of the product then that product will be attached to the opportunity. If the SKU does not match any existing product then a new product will be created and all future additions with the same SKU will use the newly created product.

Hope that answers your question. Please let me know what happens when you reload the frame.
                    Regards,

Comment

• Jason.Best
                      • Nov 2012

Originally posted by franklin
                      I am using EVT in a wordpress site for a client. I did FAAS donation forms and it was pretty cool how we could just set parameters like amount in a form field and submit. For EVT, like,I've built javascript that waits for the donor to specify the amount and then places the EVT iframe on the page with amount in the iframe query string. if the donor updates the price, I update the iframe and it looks kinda suspect..

It was cool how in FAAS amount was a hidden form value you passed. Is there a way to pass amount into the iframe? Is it the same variable name as in the query string - up1? Does everything have to go in through the iframe query string?

Thanks
                      Franklin
                      Franklin,
                      Would you be willing to share your form and javascript? I am looking to do the same thing and this would save me some hacking time.

Comment

Working...