Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jillifoss
    replied
    I think I did delete it, assuming things were all figured out at that time. I went into the VT to create a new test, and I think I realized where the issue may have been - their VT is configured to default the country to US and state to WA. So there is technically an address, unless they clear out those two fields. I cleared them out, ran a transaction, and processed the temp contact into an existing household, and the household's address was not overwritten with blank. I want to say the last time I saw this (not in a test) was related to processing temp contacts from an event registration, which don't include a default country/state. I'll just keep an eye on that and if it ever happens, I'll reach out with the order number. The test order I just did was order #27814-220325092957873 if you want to look at it.

Pardon me while I wipe this egg off my face..

Leave a comment:

• CnP.Support.AM
    replied
    Good day @jillifoss

I did a test order in that org just now, it functioned the same, and I haven't changed it. The number for that order is 27814-220208123805845 (I processed the temp contact as a new contact but in my household, you'll see my household/account's' address was overwritten with the address from the test contact.

We are unable to locate the above order number (27814-220208123805845 OrgID: 00DA0000000Avko) you share for reference. Have you deleted that order number? Would you please share the example order number so that I will bring it to our developer's attention?

Leave a comment:

• jillifoss
    replied
    Thank you for getting back to me. I am very familiar with the NPSP address functionality and how it works with households.

The following scenarios are all intended functionality of the NPSP:
    • If you add a contact with no address and specify an existing household (with an address) as their Account during the contact creation process, the household/account keeps the existing address
    • If you add a new contact directly in a household/account (on the Manage Household page), you can't add an address for the contact, and the household/account keeps the existing address
    • If you (despite it being against best practices) add an existing contact with no address to a different household/account by updating the Account field, the account they are added to keeps the existing address
    • If you add an existing contact with no address to an existing account with an address via the Manage Household page, the household account keeps the existing address
    So there isn't a scenario where adding a contact with no address to an existing household account with an address clears the existing address. Can you share what happens 'behind the scenes' when adding temporary contact is converted and added to an existing account in the process? That seems to be where the issue is. Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• CnP.Support.AM
    replied
    Good day @jillifoss

As stated, we are not updating the Account records, it is NPSP who is handling that.

Would you please review the following SF KB articles:

https://trailhead.salesforce.com/en/...addresses-npsp

https://powerofus.force.com/s/articl...-for-a-Contact

Leave a comment:

• jillifoss
    replied
    Thank you. I'm merging some more temporary contacts - and this is happening when the temp contact has no address. In the NPSP, if you add a contact with no address to an existing household/account that has an address, that household still has an address. When I process a temp contact (with no address) and select an existing household/account (that has an address) for them to become a part of, the address that was on that account is overwritten with no address. I can go in and fix this, but it shouldn't happen to begin with, if it's based on NPSP functionality. It seems that C&P is doing something to the address of the entire household. Can you please take a look and let me know what you find? This isn't org-specific (I've experienced it in multiple orgs).

Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• CnP.Support.AM
    replied
    Good day @jillifoss

We have reviewed and found that the issue of overwriting the account information is not from C&P but is done by NPSP. In the presence of NPSP we have tested by creating new contact manually by adding the existing account, in this case, the account information is getting updated with the new contact information. Whereas, without NPSP, the account information remained the same.

Leave a comment:

• jillifoss
    replied
    Hello,

As I mentioned, I've seen this happen on different orders in different Salesforce orgs. I didn't make note of each one, but here is one:

Order #27814-220203232851588 in org ID 00DA0000000Avko (access granted). I've already fixed that record, so you won't see the issue I'm pointing out there.

I did a test order in that org just now, it functioned the same, and I haven't changed it. The number for that order is 27814-220208123805845 (I processed the temp contact as a new contact but in my household, you'll see my household/account's' address was overwritten with the address from the test contact.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• CnP.Support.AM
    replied
    Good day @jillifoss

Would you please share the order number of the issue you are referring to so that we can review it? and yes, please grant us login access.

Leave a comment:

• Addresses overwriting when merging a temporary contact to an existing account

Hello!

I think I mentioned this in live support once, and it was fixed in a release. It looks like it may have broke in this most recent release.

When I process a Temporary Contact who is a new contact, but belongs to an existing household/account, I select "Merge Account" for the appropriate account in the bottom part of the screen. This should not overwrite the existing account's address, but it is doing that again. Can you please fix it in the next release?

I thought I saw it happen in one org the other day, but didn't investigate. Today, it happened without a doubt in another org. So I feel confident this is not org-specific, but if you want me to grant access to an org to review, just let me know.

Thank you!
Working...
X