Announcement

Collapse

Information Needed

See more
See less

Donations may be posting to SF at time of donation and again when processed by ProPay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donations may be posting to SF at time of donation and again when processed by ProPay

I discovered 5 gifts that came in over the last 2 weeks that posted on the day of the transaction and appear to have been reposted today, the day of the scheduled ProPay deposit. I really don't think these are separate transactions that just happened to have occurred today, the day of the ProPay processing and deposit. Most donors don't donate that way. Do you know what might be happening here? Note the only reason I noticed this is that we process the transactions with our own code and received errors on our processing (errors were due to a recurring gift issue on our end, but I suspect these were not recurring gifts). I can explain our error that caught this if need be, but for now I'm wondering if transactions may be posting twice. Oddly, though, these different transactions seem to have different C&P Order Numbers.

Note for myself, this is WKC

Good day @Carl Paulsen

Please note that if the order numbers are different then that means those are two different transactions. However, would you please share the order numbers of the transactions you are referring to as well as grant us login access to your Salesforce instance so that we can review it?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.
    Regards,
    Click & Pledge Support Department

On Salesforce? Help us by rating our app: Click & Pledge Donor Management on AppExchange

Join us @ the educational webinars: https://clickandpledge.com/webinars/
    Live Support available Join between 3:00 - 3:30 p.m. ET Monday - Thursday: https://clickandpledge.com/webinars/
    Are you on Salesforce? Join us at the Power of Us Hub: https://powerofus.force.com/0F980000000CjpC

Comment

Sorry to take so long to get back and thanks for the post. It has happened again 3 times on the 15th. Here is one example of an order number: 37013-210715085550648. Now here is some odd info from the xml for this transaction:

<RecurringStatus>Ended</RecurringStatus><RecurringID>638924</RecurringID><RecurringIDUpdate></RecurringIDUpdate><MasterTransactionNumber>37013-2107082040455737492</MasterTransactionNumber><MasterTransactionDate>202 1-07-08 20:40:45</MasterTransactionDate><Installments>1</Installments><ToDateRemainingInstallments>0</ToDateRemainingInstallments><RecurringMethod>Subsc ription</RecurringMethod><Periodicity>Weekly</Periodicity><InstallmentNumber>1</InstallmentNumber>

Note this was from a first time donor, and I find it odd a first time donor would commit to a $50 weekly recurring transaction (note however that it says there is only one installment).

Now here's what appears to be a matching transaction that came in BEFORE the above and DID make it through our system to their Account on 7/8/21 and thus was treated as a non-recurring transaction: <OrderNumber>37013-2107082040455737492</OrderNumber>. THIS transaction was handled correctly and includes the following xml:

<RecurringStatus>Active</RecurringStatus><RecurringID>638924</RecurringID><RecurringIDUpdate></RecurringIDUpdate><MasterTransactionNumber>37013-2107082040455737492</MasterTransactionNumber><MasterTransactionDate>202 1-07-08 20:40:45</MasterTransactionDate><Installments>1</Installments><ToDateRemainingInstallments>1</ToDateRemainingInstallments><RecurringMethod>Subsc ription</RecurringMethod><Periodicity>None</Periodicity><InstallmentNumber>0</InstallmentNumber><NextInstallmentDate>2021-07-15 00:00:00</NextInstallmentDate>

Note both records are acting like a recurring gift but they aren't. Note the next installment date and master transaction number (which matches the master transaction number from the record above). But the number of installments is again 1, not 999. Next installment date is 7/15/21, which is the date we received the failed transaction at the top. What we suspect happens is that for groups that don't process transfers to their banks immediately C&P looks to be creating the gift as a recurring transaction of one (no repetitions), reporting that to Salesforce, then reporting the funds transfer on the designated dates and sending THAT to Salesforce too. We want to record the date the gift was authorized and don't need the second transaction. So it appears we'll have to find a way to ignore that.

Oddly, our system is mostly working correctly although it sees the recurring gift, creates a recurring gift (we call it a Pledge) and then fails to process the second transaction. This means we are getting the correct opportunity records created but also getting unnecessary "recurring" gift records and getting an error alert. Our system fails on the second transaction because it has no "next installment date" (we require that for recurring). We're working on a way to handle this robustly, but we'd like confirmation that what we understand to be happening is correct.

This org delays processing until the 1st and 15th.

Thank you,
      Carl
      Last edited by Carl Paulsen; 07-16-2021, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Carl Paulsen,

Yes, when you schedule a transaction to run at a later date, the card is pre-authorized (a transaction of 0.00) and the transaction is then run on the scheduled date. They are treated as a Recurring Gift of one payment.

If you would prefer that the pre-authorization not create an Opportunity, you may go to the C&P Settings tab > Opportunity and opt not to create Opportunities for 0.00 amounts.
        Regards,
        Click & Pledge Support Department

On Salesforce? Help us by rating our app: Click & Pledge Donor Management on AppExchange

Join us @ the educational webinars: https://clickandpledge.com/webinars/
        Live Support available Join between 3:00 - 3:30 p.m. ET Monday - Thursday: https://clickandpledge.com/webinars/
        Are you on Salesforce? Join us at the Power of Us Hub: https://powerofus.force.com/0F980000000CjpC

Comment

Working...
        X