Auto re-process C&P Data errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto re-process C&P Data errors

I am thinking that we may want to turn on auto re-process C&P data errors as we occasionally have flows that fail and I've been manually re-posting from Connect. Are there any potential drawbacks we should be aware of before turning this on?

I did turn it on briefly already and had one donation reprocess from several months ago. It was a test donation, but I'm concerned that other failed donations (that I have fixed already) will re-process. What are the criteria for re-processing a C&P data record? It may be that the test donation I had, I hadn't bothered to re-process to fix the error, so it was still in the queue, but I want to make sure that previous donations that had errors (that have now been fixed) won't re-process.

For new donations with errors that re-process, does it automatically send the corresponding C&P autoresponder record(s)?

Note there is a difference in "posting" and "processing".
    • "Posting" refers to pushing the raw transaction data from CONNECT. If a transaction is posted, and the C&P Data record for that transaction already exists, the incoming post is ignored, and processing is triggered for the existing C&P Data record.
    • "Processing" refers to taking the C&P Data record's raw data and writing it into Salesforce based on C&P Settings.

Also,
    • "Auto re-process C&P data errors" uses the existing C&P Data record.
    • When there is a "processing" error, PaaS adds the error that Salesforce reported to the Message field on the C&P Data . This is very informative, and should be one of the first steps in diagnosing why processing failed.

SO - if you've needed to delete orders in C&P Settings > Maintenance before posting them again from CONNECT - turning on "Auto re-process C&P data errors" likely will not help.

As far as the kind of errors that CAN be fixed with "Auto re-process C&P data errors", they are typically errors that happen because of conflicting operations that were happening the first time the transaction attempted to process. Most of the time, these conflicts are no longer a problem when C&P Data is processed again - they were anomalies. Some of the operations PaaS performs for processing are not queueable - so if Salesforce resources are tied up doing something else, processing can fail. These are the kind of errors where "Auto re-process C&P data error" offers a benefit.

Errors that can't be fixed by "Auto re-process C&P data errors" are ones that would just repeat when the C&P Data is reprocessed. For example, NPSP triggers automations when new Contacts are created, and when new Opportunities are created. PaaS knows NPSP has these automations, and pauses to let NPSP finish those automations. If there is something in NPSP Settings that glitches for a particular transaction, that would likely recur every time the transaction is processed until something is corrected.

In short, you have to understand the errors that you're having to fix to determine if "Auto re-process C&P data errors" will help. If you have specific examples, join Live Support, and I'll be glad to discuss what is happening in a specific situation and whether "Auto re-process C&P data errors" is likely to help.

~ Amanda
    C&P Live Support
    Regards,
    Click & Pledge Support Department

On Salesforce? Help us by rating our app: Click & Pledge Donor Management on AppExchange

Join us @ the educational webinars: https://clickandpledge.com/webinars/
    Live Support available Join between 3:00 - 3:30 p.m. ET Monday - Thursday: https://clickandpledge.com/webinars/
    Are you on Salesforce? Join us at the Power of Us Hub: https://powerofus.force.com/0F980000000CjpC

Comment

Okay, I didn't realize the difference between processing and posting, so that's helpful to know. Mostly the errors we had been getting were flow errors because the flow was unable to lock the records because something else was updating them at the same time. I think that re-processing would work for this case. I just thought that only way to fix those errors (manually) was to delete the C&P data record and to repost from Connect. I now see that there is a Reprocess button on the C&P data record in Salesforce, so that will be helpful to know going forward.

For the auto-reprocessing how does it determine which C&P data records have errors and should be rerun? It looks like the Status Id is 0 if it has an error and 1 if it does not. Does it just look for all C&P data records with a status id of 0? I'm just wanting to make sure that previous C&P data records that had errors (that were then fixed) won't be reprocessed if I turn this on.

Then, will corresponding C&P autoresponders send when the C&P data is reprocessed? It seems like it triggers from the C&P transaction (which hasn't been created when the C&P data has an error). For previous ones with errors, there wasn't a corresponding autoresponder log item until after I deleted and re-posted (which then created one). I didn't realize I could just press reprocess on the C&P data record, so I haven't tested that yet, but I wanted to make sure it would send the C&P autoresponders that didn't get sent at first because of the error.

Comment

The C&P Data records that have a Status ID of "0" are reprocessed. Autoresponders will be sent when the transaction is processed. Typically, if you're reprocessing manually, you have the chance to uncheck the box for sending autoresponders, but there isn't currently an option to turn this off for "Auto re-process C&P data errors".
        Regards,
        Click & Pledge Support Department

On Salesforce? Help us by rating our app: Click & Pledge Donor Management on AppExchange

Join us @ the educational webinars: https://clickandpledge.com/webinars/
        Live Support available Join between 3:00 - 3:30 p.m. ET Monday - Thursday: https://clickandpledge.com/webinars/
        Are you on Salesforce? Join us at the Power of Us Hub: https://powerofus.force.com/0F980000000CjpC

Comment

Okay, thanks for confirming which C&P data records are reprocessed and that the autoresponders will be sent. We do want to send autoresponders when they are reprocessed, so it's not an issue that we can't turn them off. Thanks for your help!

Comment

Working...
          X