Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wtben
    replied
    Thanks for your sleuthing and learning on this. I'm reminded that I made a similar discovery in my own Salesforce org last year. That should do it. I'll follow up if the result isn't as expected.

Leave a comment:

• CnP.LiveSupport.AB
    replied
    wtben

My theory about the Activity History was incorrect. Our development team showed how those values are provided by the Activity Subject , which,contrary to general appearance, is available in the setup as a picklist rather than a text field.

Please try adding Email as a value here, and let me know the outcome. I'm glad your post brought this little detail to my attention.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-08-11_8-30-53.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	179.3 KB
ID:	55049

Leave a comment:

• CnP.LiveSupport.AB
    replied
    wtben ,

I suspect that when PaaS adds the activity, it adds the record directly to a hidden object called Activity History. Using Salesforce Workbench, I can see the values for the type picklist in my demo instance are Call, Email, Meeting, and Other.

Perhaps now that you have Email as an option in the task list, you can create an email task, and then 'let it become history'. Even though there is no way to access the Activity History, I suspect that the options are created based on a consolidation of any values that were used previously.

I will confirm with our team that the options available in C&P Settings are based on the Acitvity History object's type field

Leave a comment:

• CnP.LiveSupport.AB
    replied
    I'll take another look.

Leave a comment:

• wtben
    replied
    That seemed like an appropriate approach but didn't help. The four options offered in the Autoresponder activity menu are Call, Send Letter, Send Quote, and Other. The choices in the Task Type picklist are Call, Meeting, Other, and now Email. In Wilderness Torah's org, there are many more activity choices for the Autoresponder and I have no idea where this list is sourced.

Leave a comment:

• CnP.LiveSupport.AB
    replied
    Try adding "Email" as a Task Type:

Name:	2020-08-10_Email Task Field.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	154.3 KB
ID:	55030

Leave a comment:

• wtben
    replied
    I granted access. This is for Monterey Bay Fisheries Trust. Sorry for the confusion.

Leave a comment:

• CnP.LiveSupport.AB
    replied
    Could you grant access? This is for Wilderness Torah, correct?

Leave a comment:

• wtben
    replied
    Agreed. I found Email and many, many other activity choices in another org. Let me know.

Leave a comment:

• CnP.LiveSupport.AB
    replied
    Hmmm. In that case, can you grant login access and let me look? Or join Live Support? I think this will take some tracking down. There has to be a reason that the Autoresponder cannot see email as an option.

Leave a comment:

• wtben
    replied
    Sure, we do that all the time. Most are logged directly from Outlook. Where in Salesforce might I look for a configuration error?

Leave a comment:

• CnP.LiveSupport.AB
    replied
    That likely has to do with your Salesforce configuration. Can you create an Email activity for a Contact at all?

Leave a comment:

• wtben
    replied
    Thanks. I had no idea that setting was there. However, Email is not a choice in my org.

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-08-04 at 11.16.38.png
Views:	34
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	54947

Leave a comment:

• CnP.LiveSupport.AB
    replied
    (Is that working better?)

Leave a comment:

• wtben
    replied
    The image you attached is broken. Can you edit your post?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X