Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Customer is reporting card was charged 3 times for the same transaction (continued)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer is reporting card was charged 3 times for the same transaction (continued)

Hello, I've been told to come back to the forums and request Advanced C&P Support. Can someone please help me with this ongoing issue?

The account in question is 51074

Re: Customer is reporting card was charged 3 times for the same transaction 00406472 [ ref:_00D30obtq._5004v1XeWza:ref ]

=======================

On Wed, Feb 10, 2021 at 12:05 PM Support Team <[email protected]> wrote:
    Hello Weatherly,

According to the response I received from our Dev Team, this is common issue with Custom Forms, and you will need to reach out to our Forums and have someone look at your form to correct this issue. You can go ahead and refund the two transactions we talked about yesterday for your donor now as well.

For Custom Form issues we have been advised by our Developers to direct you to the Forum for advanced C&P Developer Support.
    On Tue, Feb 9, 2021 at 11:00 AM Support Team <[email protected]> wrote:
    Hello Weatherly,

I'm still waiting on a response from our Development Team, as to why this occurred to start with, so if you can wait on the refund until we hear back from them, that would be ideal. After that, the two extra charges should allow you to process a credit as you normally would. The two order numbers below are the ones you need to process the credits for. If you have any issues with processing them let me know.

51074-2012310958491052716

51074-2012310959348312716

I will reach out to you as soon as I know what caused this to occur in the first place and then you can process the credits.

Regards,

-Amy
    Amy Goodman | Support | Click & PledgeŽ
    On Fri, Feb 5, 2021 at 2:10 PM Support Team <[email protected]> wrote:
    Hello Weatherly,

First let me apologize for this response taking so long. I'm so sorry, please forgive me. After looking at what occurred with this donor, I have reached out to our Development Team so they can look at the back end and see why it processed so many times and also why some were declined too. If you donor only wanted to pay this one time, you will need to credit two of the authorized transactions and that part will be corrected.

As for "why" this occurred in the first place I am still waiting for the response from the Development Team so that can be addressed as well. I hope to have an answer before the day is over and I will let you know as soon as I find out.

Again, thank you for your patience. Please let us know if you need further assistance.
    Regards,
    -Amy

Here was my original post: https://forums.clickandpledge.com/fo...card-statement

Thank you!

Arydiel .

Our standard donation forms can create a recurring payment with the initial payment in a single transaction.

PaidMembershipPro allows its users to set a different initial payment, so you can offer a discount on the initial payment. In order to accommodate this, the integration runs two separate transactions - a one-time payment for the initial (possibly smaller) payment, and an authorization for the future, larger payment.

So in PMPro, your settings look like this:

And there are two transactions happening each time.

We broke down the timing on the different transactions in this particular case:

What has happened is that the second transaction was declined after the first (related) transaction was authorized - have you ever been in at the grocery store, charged something to your credit card, realized that you'd forgotten something, gone through check-out a 2nd time with the forgotten item, and had problems using the same card? Your card company is concerned that there may be a mistake with two transactions running from the same place right after each other.

We suspect the Member attempted the transaction, and when there were conflicting responses - the page did not return any confirmation. The member just remained on the same page, and when she did not receive a confirmation, logically she attempted the transaction again 30 seconds later with the same result.

On her third attempt, a half hour later, both transactions were authorized, and she received the confirmation screen she expected.

You've sorted out issuing the credits for the two authorized charges, but of course you don't want to see this happen again.

After reviewing, we do think we can make a change to how the second charge is processed to reduce the chance that it may get a different response, and will testing that approach for the next release of our integration with PMPro. We are also discussing what type of message can be returned to the customer if this situation occurs.
    Regards,
    Click & Pledge Support Department

On Salesforce? Help us by rating our app: Click & Pledge Donor Management on AppExchange

Join us @ the educational webinars: https://clickandpledge.com/webinars/
    Live Support available Join between 3:00 - 3:30 p.m. ET Monday - Thursday: https://clickandpledge.com/webinars/
    Are you on Salesforce? Join us at the Power of Us Hub: https://powerofus.force.com/0F980000000CjpC

Comment

Working...
    X