Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I make the Advanced Redirect "Thank you" message open in a new window?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I make the Advanced Redirect "Thank you" message open in a new window?

I am using the Advanced Redirect option for the "Thank You" message. The Connect Campaign form is embedded on our site as an inline form (https://www.volcenter.org/makeanimpact), but the "Thank You" message page opens within the inline form, rather than directing the entire page to the new "Thank You" message page.

The problem is that on a mobile device (and I'm assuming some computer screens), the inline form is so long that they don't see that the Thank You page has come up - in order to see it, they would need to know to scroll up to the top...

Is there a way to add code the URL I input into the Success landing page to force it to open in a new window? Or some other work around?

Thank you!

• laurenzastrow
    replied
    We'll try that and I'll follow up with the results. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• CnP.Support.AM
    replied
    Good day laurenzastrow

Yes, please test it by including the above parameter mentioned by gvanullen and let us know what you see.

Leave a comment:

• gvanullen
    replied
    laurenzastrow Can you make the links on your thank you page target=_parent?

Leave a comment:

• laurenzastrow
    replied
    Hi support team,

Struggling with the same issue. We're going to try removing the header and menu so that it's not duplicated in the iframe. We have some links on our thank you page and when I test those links I'm not able to navigate out of the iframe. For example, when I click on the link to our blog it takes me to the blog page in the iframe rather than going directly to the blog page. We'd like to provide these links to encourage donors to explore the website after they make a donation. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Lauren
    Grand Canyon Trust

Leave a comment:

• gvanullen
    replied
    I'd love to see functionality for adding a target parameter to the redirect.

Leave a comment:

• CnP.Support.AM
    replied
    Good day @lreinhardt

We have tested your form and found no issues. Once the donor clicks submit button, the page automatically scrolls up on the top of iFrame. Please note that in case of inline, the Success OR Declined URLs will redirect within the inline form only.

However, we noticed that in your Success and Declined pages, included the header, footer, menu..etc. which makes confuse a lot since it is already included in the parent page. Due to which we believe that in some screens the Success and Declined message appears little down to the page.

Please test it by removing those option from Success and Declined pages.

If you want us to investigate further, please share the device name and version details as well as computer screen resolution and related information so that we can test further.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X