Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RECEIPT BUILDER BROKEN: I clicked Update and lost 1.5 hours of work.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RECEIPT BUILDER BROKEN: I clicked Update and lost 1.5 hours of work.

How do I get work back on a Receipt? I clicked Update and lost 1.5 hours worth of work on my receipt because it went back to the original. I thought it was saving as I went. I was trying to Undo the accidental deletion of a block. The buttons are truly confusing and the builder is awkward. Please help. Account 25900. Thank you.

Exactly same issue here. Account number 37778.

Comment

Good day!

When there is a login there will be a timeout limit for security reasons. Your page has been timeout after a certain time. However, in the next update there will be a warning message before timeout of the page.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
      Regards,
      Click & Pledge Support Department

On Salesforce? Help us by rating our app: Click & Pledge Donor Management on AppExchange

Join us @ the educational webinars: https://clickandpledge.com/webinars/
      Live Support available Join between 3:00 - 3:30 p.m. ET Monday - Thursday: https://clickandpledge.com/webinars/
      Are you on Salesforce? Join us at the Power of Us Hub: https://powerofus.force.com/0F980000000CjpC

Comment

Thanks CnP.Support.AM but it doesn't seem to be my issue. I've just logged in, created a new receipt from template, saved it. Same issue. It took me less than one minute to do it all.

Comment

It's worse than that. I went in to redo all my work, clicking Update often, like your support staff (Debbie) said to do (recent changes were often still lost when I did that) and wanted to Undo something I’d done because I didn’t like the way it looked. Sometimes command-Z for Undo had been working, and sometimes not. It did not work this time. I figured that I had already Updated, so my changes should be saved to the server. The trash can that said “Clear” seemed to be Undo, and I clicked that. Apparently it is actually for clearing the entire form and never getting it back.

Now my carefully crafted receipt is a string of characters and I’ve now lost a total of 3 hours to this poorly designed feature. I would really like someone to try to reinstate it. I’m account 25900 and the receipt is called “General About-Face receipt with logo”. It has a blue box and a logo at the top. Please help.

Comment

Good day jenberger

Sorry for the inconvenience. This, I assure you, is not a poorly designed feature as has been tested for a long time and is being used by thousands of clients. I understand the frustration and would like to help.

Please note that browsers, especially Chrome these days, are caching everything outside the scope of the application. What Chrome, for example, is doing is under their "promise" to speed up the web which simply means cache, cache, cache. This, while in most instances will speed up the web, e.g. visiting CNN, etc. it can cause problems with administrative sites. Our code has many layers of instructions for browsers not to cache the content and even third party apps are implemented to block browsers from caching but, no matter what we do they still cache.

Caching presents a number of problems. Examples are everywhere.. just a simple search:Given I spend a lot of my time developing I face these issues. I hope you do not mind me simply sharing the information that causes this as I am trying to help.

Last week I tried to make a payment to a vendor using PayPal and nothing I did was working.. finally had to use Opera browser and make the PayPal site accept payment. I finally resolved the issue in Chrome by deleting the cache and restarting it and could make another payment using Chrome.

Click & Pledge's platform is going through a number of updates on a weekly basis as our next release is approaching. Currently there is a major update that is in the code base but hidden and as such these updates use different JavaScript codes. Each of these codes have different version #'s and are applied throughout the day without any service interruptions. If your browser logs out and logs back in it will hit one of our live servers whereas before it could have been on another server which is now offline. What this means is your new login is using the new release whereas the old log in was on a different release. Simply if your browser has cached the previous version the browser may have problem. This should not happen, in theory, buy may happen given your proxy server, etc.

Each server, when taken offline, stays offline for 3 hours prior to an update. We simply allow for 2.5 hour longer than the session life (a bit more on the technical side).

I again apologize for my long text but given the many environments we have 2 choices on the internet- either think that a bank site is broken or realize the limitations of the world of Internet and today's browsers. When a problem occurs there is a reason and it may not be anyone's fault.

What I always do- when experiencing such a problem is to clear my browser's cache. I also update & save frequently (obsessively in my case). The case you are reporting can only happen if you have a corrupted cache.

We can gladly help you if you would like to discuss this during the live support but if you update your cache this issue will not occur.

If you still need help please let us know.
            Regards,

Live Support- read more: https://support.clickandpledge.com/s/article/general-information-live-support/

Comment

Thanks for the additional information. I'm also pretty obsessed with saving and updating and backing up my work at all times. I was saving and updating every couple minutes when this first happened but didn't help.

I have cleaned the cache of three different browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Safari (on OSX El Capitan). Tried again the simplest possible way I could imagine: creating a receipt from a template, not changing anything and just saving it. When I went back to the list of Receipts and refreshed, all I got was garbage again, what it seems some sort of source code behind the receipt builder.
              I have also tried private sessions on each. Same result. I hope jenberger had better luck than me as I've no idea what else to try. Any additional suggestions?
              Last edited by josema; 03-03-2017, 12:49 PM. Reason: additional info

Comment

Good day josema

Sorry for the inconvenience. We reviewed your instance and figured out what is going on. Our team is issuing an update to resolve your issue.

Servers are being updated now and soon your page should be fine.

Sorry again for the inconvenience. It is a strange problem but one that has been identified in your account.
                Regards,

Live Support- read more: https://support.clickandpledge.com/s/article/general-information-live-support/

Comment

Good day josema

We have narrowed down the issue to a group of accounts and yours is one of them. Your receipts are currently being rebuilt using the backup. If you can wait the backup and restore of your information will be done over the weekend as they are reviewing the receipts.

The problem has occurred because of a new PCI mandate that blocks certain scripts and your updates are covered in that narrow definition. We apologize - this error has affected about 50 accounts and we are reviewing & updating them all. The issue should not happen if you create a new receipts but we will update the ones you currently have once we have verified the backup and update your records.

Sorry again for the inconvenience.
                  Regards,

Comment

Thanks for investigating further CnP.Support
                    I'll give it some time, try again at the end of the weekend or on Monday and report back.

Comment

Hi again, I can now confirm that it's working again as it should.

Comment

@cnp.support Thanks for the idea for a workaround -- I didn't require the full explanation, though; I just want the feature to work if Click and Pledge tells users it will. And if there are caveats, they should tell us up front with a dialog box.

I checked on my receipts this morning and they are not all text anymore as they were earlier, but they're not as I left them -- the fields are all in strange places, etc. I'll need to start over again, and I'm praying I don't lose another 2 hours of my life (for a total of 6 hours) dealing with this one receipt.

My follow up questions to prevent losing more time:
                        1) Was my account (25900) one of the 50 affected as described earlier?
                        2) Are you saying that clearing my cache (which I had done a couple times with little result) should solve the problem?
                        3) Would another browser besides Chrome be a better choice for having a chance of this working given that Chrome caches too often? Firefox, for example?
                        4) As you said to josema, would starting with a new receipt be more successful than updating a current receipt?

Thank you. This has been extremely frustrating and I hope I can get one good receipt.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎