ClickandPledge.com Support Forum help
Here you can find answers to questions about how the board works. Use the links or search box below to find your way around.
- General Help
Managing Your Account
- How do I change my settings?
- How do I change my Avatar?
- How do I customize my profile?
- How do I reset my user profile to the default?
- How do I edit my signature?
- Can I use images in my signature?
- How do I manage my privacy?
- How do I manage my notifications?
- What are Subscribers?
- How do I ignore another member?
- Using Private Messages
- Using Visitor Messages
- What is Reputation?
- Creating Content
- Managing Blogs
- Managing Groups
- Managing Photo Albums
- BBCode Reference
- How much does it cost?
- Do we need a merchant account to use Click & Pledge?
- How can I sign up for an account?
- How long does it take to set up an account?
- Is Click & Pledge PCI certified?
- Can we include a link to the payment page in our Constant Contact newsletter?
- May I cancel at any time?
- Do we need to send the donors a receipt for the donation?
- Can Political Action Committees (PAC) use Click & Pledge since they are not non-profits?
- How often can we receive our payments?
- What kind of reporting is available?
- Does the system send receipts to donors?
- How does the organization get notified of a donation or payment?
- Can we have more than one user managing the account?
- Can we include a link to the payment page in our eNewsletters?
- Is it possible to add a payment page link in our outbound email?
- Is there a cost associated with each payment page?
- Can we sell products or offer membership using the payment system?
- Is there a limit on the number of checkout pages we can create?
- Can we set up templates in other languages?
- What are the support hours and is there an additional cost for support?
- Can an organization set up multiple accounts for different departments?
- How can we import our patron information into our account with Salesforce.com?
- How can our patrons subscribe to our eNewsletter, through Constant Contact, when making a payment?
- Our organization uses Giftworks for its donor management system. Is Click & Pledge integrated with Giftworks?
- Will our organizationís name appear on patronsí credit card statements?
- Do I need to purchase all Trio components?
- Does the payment system accept international credit cards?
- To what extent may we customize pages?
- Are For-Profit companies permitted to use Click & Pledge?
- Are we required to host software on our system to use Click & Pledge?
- Can Trio accommodate shipping/tax/discounts?
- Can the Trio checkout pages accept Gifts To or donations In Memory of?
- Can I process transactions manually if a customer mails me their credit card information or if the card is presented in person?
- Like public radio stations, does your system allow for the managing of premiums as gifts and giveaway incentives in exchange for donations?
- Does the system track inventory?
- Login Help
- Checkout Pages
- Managing Users / Permissions
- Account Info
Adding & Managing Products
- How can I add a membership or product to a shopping basket?
- How can I offer a discount for volume purchase?
- How can I charge for shipping?
- How can I charge tax for a sale?
- How can we sell a product (membership, t-shirt, conference ticket, etc.) that has options with different prices?
- How can we offer a product starting on a set date and ending on a set date?
- Adding & Managing Donations
- Designing & Downloading Reports
- Adding & Managing Custom Questions
- Secure Messaging
- Manual Processing / Virtual Terminal
- Recurring Transactions
Salesforce Donor Management
- How much does the Salesforce Donor Management Cost?
- How to integrate Salesforce with Click and Pledge account:
- How can I add the Donor Management application to an existing Salesforce Account?
- How can I apply for a Salesforce + Donor Management account?
- I was installing the application but received an error for upgrading dependent modules. What should I do?
- Can I process credit cards inside Salesforce?
- What data from the checkout pages are posted to Salesforce?
- Do I have to be a nonprofit to use the Salesforce + free Donor Management integration?
- Can information be edited once it has been transmitted to Salesforce?
- I am getting a message that I do not have enough permission to process inside of the Virtual Terminal. How can I correct this?
- I have just signed up with Salesforce but is there any way to transfer my existing data over from my Trio account?
- If I accept a cash payment can I manually enter it into Salesforce for tracking?
- I have built my own contribution form. Can I integrate that with Salesforce?
- Can I tell which checkout page processed a transaction from inside of Salesforce?
- If my security token changes do I need to update it inside of Trio?
- Who do I contact for support?
- Do we need a web hosting provider?
- Is there a cost associated with mobile websites?
- Is there additional fee for payments processed through the mobile website?
- Is there a limit on the number of pages for a mobile website?
- How can QR codes be used with the mobile website?
- What will the URL of the mobile site be?
- Do you have any html capabilities with the mobile content pages?
- What is the difference between a Payment Page and a Content Page?
Forums, Topics and Posts
What is a community bulletin board?
A community bulletin board is an online discussion site. It's sometimes also called a 'board' or 'forums'. It may contain several categories, consisting of forums, topics and individual posts. The content on a community bulletin board is often created by the users or members of the site. They are used for support, to share ideas and for a variety of different topics.
How is all this structured?
The bulletin board as a whole contains various categories (broad subject areas), which themselves contain forums (more specific subject areas) which contain topics (conversations or discussions) which are made up of individual posts (where a user writes something).
Usually the community home page has a list of categories and forums, with basic statistics for each - including the number of topics and posts, and which member posted the most recent message. This can be replaced with an activity stream which shows a stream of the latest posts, photos and other items shared.
How do I find my way around?
When you click on a forum's name, you are taken to the list of topics it contains. A topic is a conversation between members or guests. Each topic starts out as a single post and grows as replies and comments are added by different users.
To start a new topic simply click on the + New Topic button (you may need the right permissions to do this).
Threads can be ordered in many different ways. The default is to have the topic with the most recent activity at the top. But you can easily change this ordering, for example to have the topic with the most posts at the top. Simply click on Filter menu at the top right of the topic list. The Filter menu will provide you with the options you need to sort the current page
When there are more topics to display than will fit on a single page, you may see the 'Page' box, which contains page numbers. This indicates that the list of topics has been split over two or more pages. This method of splitting lists of items over many pages is used throughout the community.
What are sticky topics?
'Sticky' topics are topics determined to be important by moderators or administrators. They are listed at the top of the topic list and remain 'stuck' to the top of the listing, even if they haven't had any posts recently. Their purpose is to keep important information visible and accessible at all times.
How do I read a topic?
To read a topic, click on its title. Each post in a topic is created by a member or a guest. You'll see some brief information about the member who created the topic to the left of post message.
To post a reply to an existing topic, click on the Post Reply button. If this button does not appear, it could mean that you are not logged in as a member, or that you do not have permission to reply, or that the topic has been closed to new replies.
There will also be a Reply box at the bottom of the page. This is where you can quickly enter a reply as well. If you click the Quote link on any reply, the content of that post will automatically be added to the Reply box for you. Clicking Quote on multiple posts allows you to multi-quote those posts in a single reply.
How do I find out more about members?
To view information about a particular member, click on the user name. This will take you to their public profile page.
What is the Navigation Bar?
The navigation bar at the top of every page has links to help you move around. A 'breadcrumb' area at the top left shows where you are now. A form on the right allows you to quickly login. This allows quick movement from one section of the site to the other.
Can I change the way the community looks?
You may be able to change the styling of the community by using the style changer in the bottom left of the page. This lets you choose different styles or themes which change the color scheme and appearance of the community. If this option does not appear, the board cannot be restyled.